owningacarTexas Department of Motor Vehicles has changed the way it handles the transfer of title for a vehicle owned by a deceased family member. In the past they only required a death certificate to transfer the title of a car, boat or RV to the nearest family member. Now they are requiring a probate if the deceased has a will.

You can, however, put all of your vehicles in the name of your trust. This will make the transfer process simple again. There would no longer be a need to wait for a will to be probated. This fix is relatively easy and can solve a potentially lengthy problem for your heirs.

Feel free to call our office if you need assistance.

Please follow and like us:
Contact Us