We’re so happy to introduce you to Jade Garner. Jade is a legal assistant here at Leigh Hilton, PLLC who helps clients with probate and guardianship. She was born in Oakland, California, and raised in nearby Arlington, Texas. She’s a graduate of the University of North Texas and gained experience at the Collin County District Attorney’s Office before joining Leigh’s team in 2018.
She says her favorite thing about working here is everyone’s willingness and determination to plan for the future of our clients and their families. And a fun fact: Jade loves cats. Like really loves cats. She has two of them (Kitty and Kane) and still can’t get enough of those mesmerizing online cat videos—who can, though?
We asked Jade to answer a few more silly (and serious) get-to-know-you questions for us:
- What’s your favorite place on the planet and why? My favorite place on the planet is anywhere my nieces and nephews are. They are the best part of my life.
- What’s your signature “to-go” meal? Chick-fil-a #1 with a large Sprite.
- If I wasn’t a legal assistant, I’d be an ______? Actor—they can become anything they want.
- Who has influenced your life the most?Women inspire me: all shapes, all colors, all sizes, all levels. But my grandmother has influenced my life the most. My grandma is my go-to for everything. She’s the most patient, honest, reliable, caring person I know. One of my favorite things about my grandma is if she doesn’t have an answer for something, we’ll sit on the phone for hours until we come up with a solution. She has a hand in every big decision or situation I encounter—I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She builds me up and accepts everything about me. She is my best friend. She is the North Star to my Earth. She brings me so happiness.
- What was your first-ever job? Six Flags Over Texas when I was 15. I enjoyed it in the spring, but once the summer came around, I realized I’d rather work inside.
- What does your perfect Saturday look like?My perfect Saturday consists of Netflix and Hot Cheetos.
- What have been your biggest life lessons/challenges? My biggest life lesson so far has been to appreciate the moment I’m in and the people who are in it. And my biggest challenge has been to self-reflect on my actions, and to own up to the imperfections within myself.